"ESPIONAGE: Mafia Evolved" is a social deduction game played by 6 to 8 players. There are five roles split between two teams:
- Team Spy: SPY and INFORMANT. Their goal is to arrest or eliminate the Detective. After this, the Spy will escape and win the game if they elude their opponents for two turns.
- Team Detective: DETECTIVE, SUPPORTER, and 2-4 CIVILIANS. Their goal is to arrest the Spy.
- The game will be released on Steam, Android, and iOS.
- The Spy can "Eliminate" another player or "Order" their Informant to focus someone for the next round.
- The Detective can "Investigate" whether another player is a Special Role (anyone but a Civilian).
- The Informant knows who the Spy is and is tasked with helping them win.
- The Supporter knows who the Detective is and is tasked with helping them survive.
- The Civilians have access to their Intel from the start of the game. This helps them zero in one the Spy or Detective faster.
- Intel shows you two names of other players who are NOT the Detective nor the Informant. This allows you to narrow down the roles in the game.
- Only Civilians can see their own Intel.
- In order to see other players' Intel, you must reach 100% Trust with one another. This shares your Intel with them and vice versa.
- The game is played by clicking, dragging, and charging various UI elements. On PC this is entirely done with the mouse and on phone this is of course only by touch..
- Players levy actions, at the cost of Action Points [AP], toward one another to establish Trust and Suspicion. If you reach full Trust with a player, you can see their Intel and vice versa. Players who have at least a third of their Suspicion meter filled are nominated for arrest. This allows them to be arrested during the Voting Phase if they receive the most votes (ties result in no arrest).
- "ESPIONAGE: Mafia Evolved" is set in 1958 on an island beyond the North Sea. There, a tournament of deduction is hosted by the last of a once-defunct criminal enterprise. Invited are an assortment of personalities that find there are few strangers amongst them, but all are promised a solitary reward for the eventual winner: "No wish will go ungranted." However, the specialized device each player now wears is used not only to participate in the game but compel them toward revelations none expect.
- Although a multiplayer game, we have developed every element of this project with a robust story in mind that will unfold over time. This story will be revealed as new characters are introduced and players are able to uncover the histories of the characters and their world. The many secrets hidden deep within The Dossier, as well as new chapters of the ESPIONAGE ZERO manga and short stories found attached to each costume within the game, will always offer glimpses of what's to come as we approach the grand finale.
- Our content roadmap covers years and will only grow with your support!
- New costumes will be added frequently (sometimes weekly!).
- New modes will be added regularly that change how the game plays entirely.
- New characters will be added at regular intervals, alongside new manga chapters for them.
- New features will be added frequently, including those added due to your feedback!
- New avatars and emotes will also be made available regularly, including those based on player requests.
- ESPIONAGE: Mafia Evolved is supported entirely through purchases within the shop and is not a pay-to-win game in any fashion. All items purchasable in the shop are either cosmetic or earnable simply by playing the game. Although a multiplayer game is expensive to develop and maintain, we have no ads and we do not sell your data as we aim to cultivate a game environment where you feel your time is well-invested. Additionally, all purchases within the game also benefit charity as specified on our Charity page.
- We will always be posting new content and teases in our Discord server. Everyone who joins will receive access to an exclusive costume that will only ever be distributed in this way.
- You can also follow us on: Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook. Puzzles that lead to otherwise inaccessible in-game content will be made available on one or more of these venues, so keep an eye out!
- "The Dossier" is either an alternate reality game/ARG created by us, or a repository managed by the Center for International Crime Analysis to document what became known as "the Espionage incident". You can decide for yourself at https://thedossier.network
- Any content you unlock on any platform can be used on any other platform on which the game is available.
- When you launch the game for the first time, you will be prompted to create an ESPIONAGE ID or link one you have already created. This ID is a unique username for you and is tied to your e-mail and platform account (for example your Steam account). No passwords are entered in the sign-up process as when you attempt to play the game on your chosen platform, the game will automatically log you in.
- When you have played on one platform but wish to access your account on another, you can choose "Link an ESPIONAGE ID" from the startup menu instead of "Create an ESPIONAGE ID".
- Please note an account can only be used on one platform simultaneously.
- To play with others on your platform or a different one, you may invite them with a Lobby Code. Lobbies can contain any mixture of players on a mobile device or on PC.
- The game will attempt to automatically reconnect you. However, you may also choose "Rejoin Match" from the main menu if you are fully disconnected from the match.
- At launch, "ESPIONAGE" is the default gameplay mode, set on the stage "Night Gallery". This is a 6-8 player mode in which you are assigned to one of two teams: Team Spy or Team Detective.
- Our roadmap includes many other modes for the future, all with their own stages, music, and special additions.
- This feature is planned alongside special rewards for those who progress to the highest ranks.
- E-Coins are the premium currency used to purchase items within the shop. Items in the shop include premium costumes, which will be limited to being unlocked with E-Coins. E-Coins are obtainable by using your local currency and through specific promotions in the future.
- Marks are the currency gained by playing the game and completing challenges. Marks can be used to unlock any future characters, select costumes, and alternate colors for costumes you already own.
- The "Founder's Pack" includes three exclusive costumes—Manhunter Moran, Sleuth Aerie, and Cousin Rechelle—that will never be available elsewhere, along with exclusive perks. The exclusive perks include the ability to set a custom Lobby Code, exclusive avatars, and more (but none that offer a gameplay advantage).
- At certain intervals, ESPIONAGE: Mafia Evolved will progress to a different season. Players who have accomplished certain tasks or attained certain levels with their account or characters will receive rewards at the close of the Season.
- The end of a Season will be announced 60 days prior to the next one. This will allow you enough time to attain the remaining rewards that you would like to pursue.
- For this season, those who reach Level 50 with a specific character will unlock a free Master costume for the character in question once the season has come to an end. This costume can only be obtained by this means and will never be available with E-Coins or Marks.
- Other rewards will be revealed as the season progresses.
- If you have received a code to unlock content within the game: Go to "Options" -> "Enter code". Some codes can be used by many players, while some are single use or limited to a certain number of players.
"Thief Aerie" is a costume exclusively obtained by joining our [Discord server]. As of December 17, 2021, anyone who is a member or becomes a future member will be sent a code to redeem inside the game. This will unlock three items:
- THIEF AERIE (Costume) [BLUE]
- THIEF AERIE Avatar A
- THIEF AERIE Avatar B
- Refunds are not available for any transactions or unlocks within the game, whether by using E-Coins or Marks. Please keep this in mind as you decide what to obtain within the game.
- Method 1: Please contact email@example.com. Include as much information as possible, including your ESPIONAGE ID, and the nature of your issue. You will receive a response within 48 hours but typically much faster.
- Method 2: Please join our Discord server and post your problem in the #support channel.
- Please refer to our Terms and Conditions/Terms of Service within the game client
- To appeal any limitation on your account, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please contact email@example.com and provide both ESPIONAGE IDs, the e-mail addresses you used at sign-up for both, and a summary of your exact issue.
- Drop by our Discord server and ask us! You can post in any of the channels or message our staff members directly. We are happy to help and our rules are very lax (you won't be banned for making a simple mistake, asking questions, or asking for help).